Saturday 6 September 2008

My first blog

So this is the first time that I ever attempt to start a blog. I'm not sure what it is that I am supposed to be saying or what to talk about. LOL.

I am 25 years old and married. I do not have any kids, still planning. I am the baby of 6 children, very disorientated kids may I add. My moter is still alive, my dad passed away 2years ago. He was the love of my life, still struggling with getting over his death, that's another story for another day.

My husband and I come from 2 totally different worlds yet we have so much in common. Then there is the fact that he comes from a small family, 3kids. He comes from a family that talks about anything and everything. I on the other hand come from a family that hardly speaks to each other yet the love is there. So, it has been very hard for me to be open about my feelings and sentiments about things. I love him terribly and therefore has had to compromise the way that I think and the way I do things. And I have found that this was for the better of my well being.

I used to bottle everything up and just go on like it's nothing. When I met my husband, he was talkative and also wanted my opinion of things, I was taken aback! Well, this was a shock to me, and I started expressing my feelings and sentiments about things. And I have found that this is a healthier way of doing things. I am happier now because I tell people how I feel instead of just keeping to myself.

Our marraige has become more enjoyable, less arguments about me not talking. I find that speaking about things helps to improve the situation, communication is very importan. On out wedding day one of the speakers told us to Communicate Lovingly, our initials. What a blessing this was.

No comments: